Your oral health can radically change as a senior. Thankfully, your dentist will be able to help you navigate any new oral health challenges.
- The odds of cavities developing increase as you age. Continue to floss and use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Due to your gums receding with age, tooth sensitivity may increase. Try an anti-sensitivity toothpaste. If the problem persists, check with your dentist.
- Dry mouth may also arise. This can eventually damage your teeth. Your dentist will be able to inform you of the best way to treat dry mouth.
- You might experience heart disease, diabetes, or cancer as a senior. These conditions can affect your oral health. Always keep your dentist informed of other health issues.
- Dentures can be a lifesaver for some seniors. However, make sure you take care of them! Follow all instructions regarding denture care, and keep your dentist in the know about your dentures.
If you are looking for a new Bala Cynwyd dentist, give us a call today at (484) 278-3567.